Five Easy Ways to Increase Instagram Followers
Looking to increase Instagram followers?
By Guy Downes Managing Partner 17 Dec 2017
We all are for a variety of different reasons. It’s almost 2018 and Instagram is no longer just a place to share cool photos with funky filters. Since Facebook bought the platform in 2012 it’s quickly become one of the most important marketing tools for any business. You might be on Instagram for personal reasons, but what if you are a social media manager for a business or you own your own business? It’s time to start using this powerful tool to get in front of your customers.
Here are five super easy ways to give your Instagram likes and follower count a boost.
- Sort your bio out – This is often someones first impression of your business so it’s worth making it a good one. When selecting your name, be sure to use your actual brand name so that when people are searching for you on Instagram you have the best chance of being found. Consider the unique selling points of your business and list those in your bio. Keeping it short and focusing on keywords that are relevant to your company. Include your company website url in your bio and consider changing this based on campaigns you are running or the seasonal needs of your customers. Take a look at Tarte Cosmetics who also use emojis to make their bio stand out.
- Be consistent – Lots of companies will start off with a flurry of posts once they launch their profile and then enthusiasm tapers off and posts become sporadic (this will do nothing to increase Instagram followers). With Instagram a large part of the battle to get views and engagement is posting consistently, ideally daily. The vast majority of business have visual elements to their product or service. So Instagram is a great way of spreading your message. It’s always a good idea to post photos of your staff showing off their expertise and passion for what they do.
Hashtag the hell out of your posts!
- Don’t skimp on hashtags – Instagram is one of the most hashtag heavy social media platforms out there and that’s good news for your business. Think of keywords that are relevant to your business and include them in your posts. Check to see what hashtags are popular in the search bar and if they make sense to your post, include them (don’t use irrelevant hashtags, it’s spammy).
Will videos help increase Instagram followers? Yes and no.
- Videos – While videos haven’t taken off on Instagram in the way they have on Facebook and obviously YouTube, it’s still a good idea to post one once a week on your feed. Videos on Instagram are a maximum of one minute in length which helps you keep your messaging short and relevant. Consider videos offering value to viewers, such as tips, how to’s and company updates. Remember this is not your official corporate video so use a little humour, keep it positive and have fun!
- Instagram Stories – These are the ‘Snapchat-esque’ photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours once posted. Instagram Stories are a great way to have fun with your followers and show off a light hearted side of your brand personality. It’s a place to post more informal videos and photos and to ‘tell a story’ through a series of posts. Is your company is attending an event? Consider a series of photos and videos telling the story of the set up, activity at the event, tagging business partners and saying goodbye. Aim for two to three fun stories per week to increase Instagram followers and keep your audience engaged.
There are many ways to use this platform to promote your business and increase Instagram followers, including in conjunction with your Facebook ads. Once you are all set up and have posted a few times, don’t be shy about it. Let people know you are on Instagram, follow business partners and fellow industry experts.
Got questions about how to make Instagram work for your business? Get in touch and we can set up a one to one consultation to get you up and running.
Oh and before we go, take a look at a few of our favourite business Instagram accounts:
Our home county of Suffolk: @the_suffolk_coast
High-end eyewear: @jacquesdurand
Orange is the color of creativity, success, determination, expression,freedom,fascination.. Mod. Levant. #jacquesdurand #classicstyle #handmade #eyewear #handmadeeyewear #lunetier #megane #orange #determination #creativity #success #expression #fascination #occhiali #gafas #oculos #freedom #menstyle @gramercyeyewear @puntoottico_humaneyes @puntootticohumaneyesnyc @eyewear_mebius #brille
National Trust: @nationaltrust
Our #NTchallenge to you this week was: *Deck the Halls* – a thoroughly Christmassy theme coupled with snow fall across the places we protect means we have a particularly festive selection of runners up. Starting with @littlemisspinkness in the south west, who snapped a wreath on the grounds @tyntesfieldnt covered in a dusting of snow. From the countryside to the city, @suziguy captured the sights and smells of Christmas at Birmingham Back to Backs. In Devon, @just.jon.simpson shared the warm reds and golds of the fairy tale theme @saltramnt. Onwards to Cornwall, it wouldn’t be a ‘deck the halls’ challenge without an appearance of the @ntcotehele garland – thanks @malcolmdwatson for this one. Last but not least, it doesn’t get more festive than this photo taken by @_trudi___, who got cosy by the fire @ntpackwood. Thanks to everyone who entered, and we’ll reveal our winner later today… #nationaltrust